Become a volunteer! Volunteers support our work from behind the scenes; they are the essential link between OLLI and our community. For many, the reward for volunteering includes sharing the joy of our unique courses with some of the 1,200 area participants who take our courses each year. For others, being in a special community of expert instructors is the greatest reward.
To contribute your time and expertise, check out this list of opportunities waiting for you.
- Class Assistant – Be the first person to greet members, check attendance, distribute handouts and evaluations, and assist the instructor in preparing for the class Training will be provided for this position during a Class Assistant Orientation Session which will be held at Meadows Church. If you plan to attend, contact Jim Donahue at email@example.com.
- Join the Tech Team - If you like electronics and are knowledgeable in this field, our instructors would appreciate your help with AV equipment. We use laptops, data projectors, DVDs, slide projectors and overhead projectors. Training is available, contact Jim Donahue at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OLLI Outings – our outings committee needs people with creative ideas for new trips. Not only are the outings fun, they’re a great way to meet other OLLI members.
- Writers – Our publications team needs writers/information gatherers for the newsletter and catalog.
- Hospitality Committee – Assist with special events such as A Taste of OLLI, receptions, and other OLLI functions.
- Office support – Answer the phone at the front desk or call members when needed, help with mailings, filing, catalog distribution, etc.
- Join Our Faculty – The program committee is always looking for new course ideas to expand the breadth of topics offered by OLLI. Take a look at our faculty brochure (www.olliuva.org) to see if becoming an instructor would interest you. If so, please contact Elliot Mininberg (email@example.com/434-296-2209.
We hope you will accept our invitation to serve and join our OLLI team. If you are interested, it’s easy to join the team, just stop by the OLLI office at 1160 Pepsi Place, Suite 114, or call the OLLI office at 434-923-3600, or contact Beth Barber at firstname.lastname@example.org .