There are two ways you can get wireless access while you’re at UVa:
- If you come from a university that supports the “eduroam” standard, and you’ve configured your device to use eduroam before you leave home, you should be all set. This is the easiest option. Here’s a list of universities in the US that support eduroam: https://www.eduroam.us/institutions_list
- If you can’t use eduroam, then you’ll need to use a passcode to access the wireless network at UVa. Each visitor must have a unique passcode. You should have already been e-mailed your passcode, but please contact email@example.com or see one of the conference organizers if you’ve lost it.
To use the code, do the following:
- Connect to the Welcome_to_UVa_Wireless network.
- Open a web browser and you’ll be automatically redirected to
the Welcome to UVa Wireless website.
- Click the Continue button under the guest section, enter your
passcode and click the Log In button.
No matter which method you use, guest wireless access is limited to Web and VPN protocols. Guests are expected to abide by UVa’s policies and guidelines for Responsible Computing, which can be reviewed on the login page.