FAQ

Here is a list of FAQ

I am a faculty member at one of the colleges in the conference’s geographical area. My students will be attending CUWiP. Can I attend the conference?

Yes, we love to have faculty members at the meeting. Please send an e-mail to the LOC to let us know you will be coming. We can no longer organize your lodging arrangements, however you will be able to attend the dinners/lunches.

Which Schools/Departments can setup a table representing their school during the Poster session?

All schools in our geographical area.

How do you pronounce CUWiP?

Cue-Wip

How should I organize my travel? 

Students/Panelists are responsible for making their own travel arrangements.  We encourage all participants to ask your department to reimburse your travel expenses.  Please let our LOC know ahead of time if your department cannot fund your travel.

Transportation from and to airport

Charlottesville’s airport is about 7 miles from the University area. Please let us know your arrival time on January 12th so that we can schedule a pick up time. We will organize rides also on the departure date, January 14th. 

Hotel information

The conference main hotel for all students is The Graduate https://www.graduatehotels.com/charlottesville/

The Hotel is at walking distance from Campus. Maps of the various conference sites will be provided.

Where can we park our car?

You can park your car at the hotel parking lot free of charge.

When will I get reimbursed for travel?

If you are being reimbursed by the CUWiP we will provide you with a reimbursement form. Reimbursement will be mailed to you a few weeks from the form’s submission.

What should I do if I can no longer participate? Can my fee be reimbursed?

We will definitely be able to take care of this, but only after the conference is over. 

For any other question, please contact cuwip@virginia.edu. Our LOC will answer your questions in a timely fashion, depending on the load of e-mails we receive.