The Fall call for applications was sent out today, September 3, 2020, and is obviously happening under unusual conditions. The due dates for applications remain the same as in normal years:
- Fall: September 22, 2020 (4-weeks after the first day of Fall classes; extensions must be arranged in advance)
- Spring: 2-weeks after the first day of Spring classes
- Summer: 3-weeks prior to the end of Spring classes
- Funds can only be requested once a year, and are good for one year
However, under pandemic conditions applicants must consider whether what they have planned is reasonable under pandemic conditions. Some concerns include:
- If you are building something for competition, will the competition be held?
- If you are using University facilities, will you have access and can you meet distancing guidelines?
- If you require travel, we may not be able to reimburse you at all depending on University policies.
It is vital that applicants address these and other pandemic-related concerns in their applications! A special section is being added to policies and procedures to enforce this requirement.
We all look forward to the day when the real-world constraint goes away of a highly-contagious pathogen. Until then, it is a design challenge that we all must face. You can do it, though, and we look forward to your submissions!