- The music from the counterculture was filled with lyrics espousing desire for change in societal and cultural norms. It called for questioning authoritarian structure in times of political conflict. To what extent can this be seen in artists today?
- Is there a contemporary countercultural movement within music?
- How does the counterculture relate to class formation and association of present day?
- What was going on in the United States to cause the development of the countercultural movement? Was music now an escape or a solution to the problems?
- What are the present-day implications that the transformation of music has left its mark?
- Why was it important that the counterculture was led by white middle-class youth?
- What role did the media play in the rebellion?