Our office staff and instructors need assistance, so we are asking you to consider volunteering some of your time this year. Our volunteer needs change every semester and new opportunities continue to pop up. Some positions and committees are full at this time but many volunteer opportunities are still open.
- The Class Assistant is the first person to greet class participants. Your duties include greeting class participants, checking attendance, distributing handouts and course evaluations, and assisting with equipment set-up. You will receive training for this position during a Class Assistant Orientation Session which will be held on January 22 from 2-3 p.m. and March 13 from 3-4 p.m. at Meadows Church. If you plan to attend, contact Jim Donahue at email@example.com.
- Join the Tech Team - Former engineers we need your assistance! If you like electronics and are knowledgeable in this field, our instructors would appreciate your help with AV equipment. We use laptops, data projectors, DVDs, slide projectors and overhead projectors. Training is available to help you get started and you will have support during the semester. To join the Tech Team and assist with classroom equipment, contact Jim Donahue at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OLLI Outings, our travel and trip committee, needs people with creative ideas for new trips for our membership. Our Outings are fun and a great way to meet other members. Attend our next committee meeting — contact Steve Brown at email@example.com for more information.
- Join Our Faculty – The Program Committee is always looking for new course ideas to expand the breadth of classes we offer. Take a look at our Faculty Brochure to see if becoming an instructor is interesting to you. If you would like to join our faculty and teach a new course, please contact Marcia Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OLLI writers – OLLI publishes two newsletters and a dozen e-newsletters per year. Meet interesting people, challenge yourself, and join the Publications team. Contact Mitzie or Maryjane at the OLLI office.
- Hospitality Committee – assist with The Taste, Appreciation Reception, OLLI Salon and other social functions and/or recruit new OLLI members and staff tables at OLLI functions.
- Committees – Some committees have openings and would be thrilled to welcome new volunteers. Contact the office for more information.
- Facilities – Assist the Facility Chair with courses, classrooms, and identifying new classroom space.
- Office support – Answer the phone at the front desk or call members when classes are canceled, assist with mailings, filing, distribute catalogs in the community.
- Computer and Research skills are needed to collect information using the Center for Nonprofit Excellence’s (CNE) Foundation Directory Online. CNE provides training to get you started on our project.
- Promote OLLI through Social media sites.
We hope you will accept our invitation to serve as an OLLI volunteer. If you are interested, come into the OLLI office and fill out a volunteer form. Tell us your skills and what you would like to do.
For additional information, contact Maryjane MacDonald at the OLLI office at 434-923-3600 or email@example.com.